Application deadlines are as follows:
April 15 – summer term | July 15 – fall term | December 1 – spring term
T.E.A.C.H. Eligibility Requirements:
- Work in a regulated preschool, child care center, or home program for at least 30 hours per week.
- Have worked with children birth to age 5 in your current program for at least 3 months.
- Are working toward an Early Childhood Associates degree at Community College of Vermont, a Vermont Early Childhood Apprenticeship Certificate, or endorsement or teacher licensure at a Vermont college (or would like to be).
- Have the support of your employer (if applicable).
- Demonstrate participation in or progress towards a quality initiative such as STARS, Head Start, or NAEYC/NAFCC accreditation.
What to do Before Applying:
- Talk with your director (if applicable) about supporting you on a scholarship. We would love to help you have this conversation!
- Explore your options – check out:
- Community College of Vermont (CCV) Early Childhood Education (A.A.) or
- Vermont Early Childhood Apprenticeship or
- Vermont Higher Education Collaborative Early Childhood & Early Childhood Special Educator pathway to licensure or
- VT Agency of Education Peer Review alternative pathway to licensure or
- Champlain College’s Reflective Practice Portfolio Development course
- Think about your long term career goals.
- Contact T.E.A.C.H. to talk with a counselor about scholarship options.
T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Options:
- Vermont Early Childhood Apprenticeship Certificate
- Associate Degree
- Early Childhood Licensure
T.E.A.C.H. Scholarship Applications:
- Vermont Early Childhood Apprenticeship Application - available only after an Informational Meeting with T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® VERMONT. Call (802) 379-7267 for more information or email email@example.com
- Associate Degree
- Teacher Licensure and Early Childhood Endorsements