Our workforce supports advancing as a profession.
Be the change!
Over 2018-2019, a workforce engagement project (Chapter One) led by VTAEYC engaged early childhood educators across the state to ask: Do we have the will to advance as a recognized profession?
72% said yes. Read more in the report.
At the national level, NAEYC’s Power to the Profession initiative is “a national collaboration to define the early childhood profession by establishing a unifying framework for career pathways, knowledge, and competencies, qualifications, standards, and compensation.” As a state affiliate, our workforce can provide valuable feedback to the national level while taking steps to eliminate fragmentation, grow cohesive, and advance as a profession in Vermont.
This project is led by and relies on members of the ECE workforce. Be the change. Get involved today!
- Volunteer to join an Advancing the Profession committee in your region
- Sign up for the VTEAYC newsletter and check back here for updates
- Read and comment on the latest NAEYC Decision Cycles
Recommendations from Chapter One of Advancing the ECE Profession:
- Learn from Chapter One of this project. Build on it in Chapter Two.
- “Do nothing about us without us.”
- Cultivate a cohesive workforce. Question stereotypes and assumptions.
- Encourage a “change” mindset. Begin the work of building a bridge to a new future.
- Build from Power to the Profession’s national-level work.
- With ongoing policy and funding changes, hold in mind the goal of early childhood education advancing as a profession.
VTAEYC asked you how we can support the ECE workforce as we work together to Advance As A Profession. Here’s what you said.